Smile brighter with big savings at over 262,000* available dental practice locations nationwide. Use your card over and over again to keep your teeth sparkling clean!
- In most instances, save 15% to 50% per visit**
- Save on dental services such as cleanings, X-rays, crowns, root canals and fillings
- Need specialty dental care? Save on orthodontics and periodontics, too!
- Show your card with the Aetna Dental Access® logo and pay the discounted price at checkout
To locate a provide, click here.
|Procedure||Average Cost***||Average Cost w/ Aetna Dental Access***||Member Savings|
|Periodic Oral Exam||$70||$35||$35|
|Comprehensive Oral Exam||$108||$50||$58|
|X-Ray, Intraoral–Complete Series Including Bitewing||$163||$87||$76|
|X-Ray, Bitewings– Four Films||$79||$41||$38|
|X-Ray Panoramic Film||$139||$78||$61|
|Sealant Per Tooth||$72||$37||$35|
|Filling– 1 Surface Resin (White) Filling, Front (Anterior) Tooth||$200||$101||$99|
|Crown– Porcelain Fused to High Noble Metal (i.e. gold)||$1,278||$825||$453|
|Restorative Crown – Porcelain Fused to Noble Metal||$1,236||$790||$446|
|Root Canal Front Tooth (Anterior) Excluding Final Restoration||$860||$531||$329|
|Root Canal Premolar Tooth (Bicuspid), Excluding Final Restoration||$973||$632||$341|
|Root Canal Molar, Excluding Final Restoration||$1,189||$851||$338|
|Scaling/Root Planing Four or More Contiguous Teeth||$272||$162||$110|
|Periodontal Maintenance For Patients Who Have Been Previously Treated For Periodontal Disease||$166||$90||$76|
|Complete Upper Denture (Maxillary)||$1,528||$1,003||$525|
|Extraction of Erupted Tooth or Exposed Root – Includes Local Anesthesia and Suturing If Needed||$219||$99||$120|
|Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment Child||$5,991||$3,549||$2,442|
Frequently Asking Questions
How does the dental plan work?
- Participating dental providers are listed in the membership fulfillment kit; members may also call the toll-free number located on the back of the membership card Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time. When calling to schedule an appointment the member should identify him/herself as a member of the Aetna Dental Access® program. To receive the discount the member must present the membership card and pay the total discounted bill at the time of service.
Is there a limit to the number of times the card can be used?
- No. Members and their families may take advantage of the savings any time throughout the year. Members may also change dentists within the network whenever they choose.
May this discount be combined with dental insurance?
- In some cases, members may use both. If your insurance company allows you to submit claims after service, simply visit a participating dental provider, pay the discounted bill and submit the bill and claim to the insurance company. The net out-of-pocket cost will be lower because the insurance company would reimburse the member the percentage of the reduced bill as defined in their insured plan. If your insurance company does not allow the policyholder to submit claims, the discount dental can only be used for services not paid for by the insurance such as cosmetic dentistry or services after your annual maximum has been met.
Is there someone that can answer questions about the card and services offered?
- Yes. Simply call the toll-free number located on the back of the membership card Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Central and Saturday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central. A member services representative is standing by to answer any questions.
*As of April 2020. **Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area.
**The discount program provides access to the Aetna Dental Access® network, which is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). ALIC does not offer or administer the discount program, and is not an affiliate, agent or principal of the discount program. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
***Actual costs and savings may vary by provider, service and geographic location. We use the average of negotiated fees from participating providers to determine the average costs, as shown on the chart. The select regional average cost represents the average fees for the procedures listed above in Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City, as displayed in the cost of care tool as of June 2018.
Dental Benefit is not available to VT residents