Feel better now! 24/7 access to a doctor is only a call or click away—anytime, anywhere with no per visit fee. With Teladoc, you can talk to a doctor by phone or online video to get a diagnosis, treatment options and prescription if medically necessary. Save time and money by avoiding crowded waiting rooms in the doctor’s office, urgent care clinic or ER. Just use your phone, computer, smartphone or tablet to get a quick diagnosis by a U.S. licensed physician.
- On-demand healthcare—wherever, whenever
- Treatment for common medical issues such as colds, flu, poison ivy, respiratory infections, bronchitis, pink eye, sinus problems, allergies, urinary tract infections and ear infections
- 10 minute average doctor response time
- Visits for all ages—from children to seniors
- U.S. board-certified doctors with an average 20 years practice experience
- Upon request, Teladoc can share visit information with your doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I talk to “real doctors”?
- Yes. Teladoc members only talk to actual doctors who are U.S. board-certified internists, state-licensed family practitioners, and pediatricians licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. and living in the U.S. When you request a visit, Teladoc will connect you with a doctor licensed in your state.
What are some of the common conditions Teladoc treats?
- Common conditions include sinus problems, respiratory infection, allergies, urinary tract infection, cold and flu symptoms and many other non-emergency illnesses.
Can Teladoc handle my emergency situations?
- Teladoc is designed to handle non-emergent medical problems. You should NOT use it if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Can I speak with a specialist?
- You cannot request to speak with a specialist directly, but our doctors may be able to provide guidance on the type of specialist you should see.
Can I request a particular doctor?
- You cannot request a particular doctor. Teladoc is designed to support your relationship with your existing doctor. It is not a means of establishing an exclusive relationship with one of our doctors. Please know that all Teladoc doctors are highly qualified and go through rigorous training and credentialing. We have the largest physician network of any telehealth provider with board-certified, state-licensed doctors.
Can I get a prescription?
- Teladoc does not guarantee prescriptions. It is up to the doctor to recommend the best treatment. Teladoc doctors do not issue prescriptions for substances controlled by the DEA, non-therapeutic, and/or certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. These include, but are not limited to, antidepressant drugs such as Cymbalta, Prozac and Zoloft which are drugs that are harmful due to their potential for abuse. Also, non-therapeutic drugs such as Viagra and Cialis are not prescribed by Teladoc doctors. View the current list of DEA controlled substances
Where do the prescription drugs come from?
- Teladoc does not dispense prescription drugs. Our nurses call the prescription into the local pharmacy of your choice.
Is my electronic health record kept private?
- Health records are kept totally private and we employ robust encryption methods to protect your personal information. You determine who can see the information in your record.
Can I be turned down for a pre-existing condition?
- We do not turn patients away because of pre-existing conditions.
Can I call Teladoc outside of the United States?
- You can request a Teladoc visit from anywhere in the U.S. You will speak with a doctor licensed in your home state. You must have a U.S. address and a U.S.-based phone number for the doctor to call back at the time of visit.